Thursday, November 19, 2009

Half-way There

Half-way to heaven or...?

At this hour, exactly thirty-five years ago, I was born into this world. God bless my parents!

On all my sins, God, have mercy; for all the uncountable graces I've been given, glory to God in the highest! Where sin abounded, grace abounded all the more, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I give particular thanks for His gifts to me of a mind, and of supernatural faith to enlighten it: of granting me strength through faith and knowledge. I ask particularly for forgiveness for making so little use of these gifts, and of wasting them on follies and worse.

Being grounded in faith, having a constant hope, I beg to be granted charity fruitful in meritorious works, lest I fritter away my blessings in anger and selfishness.

I give thanks for the great sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation that have brought me to fight as a Christian, and of the ever-new sacraments of the Blessed Eucharist and of Penance, ever giving life to me and restoring life to me, lifting me up. I give thanks for Holy Church, in whose Communion I find saints and angels to aid me; in whom I find the truths of Holy Faith and the beauty of the Sacred Liturgy to bless me, mediated to me by priests Catholic and good.

"Pray, hope, don't worry": excellent advice I hope to keep.

Of your charity, as the best possible birthday present, pray for me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Best wishes for the rest of 2009 and for 2010.

Prayer said for you.

Rob A

Joshua said...

Thanks, Rob!

Schutz said...

And we give God thanks for you, Josh! Happy Birthday!

Kiran said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday, Joshua! I hope the next year brings many blessings! Shall pray!

Mark said...

Well, happy birthday Joshua!! God bless you indeed!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good day! Enjoy your Octave!