Thursday, April 28, 2011

Neale & Littledale's Commentary on the Psalms

My thanks to Lancelot Andrewes Press: thanks to the sky-high Aussie dollar (now worth more than the greenback, owing to continued U.S. economic decline), I have been able to afford to purchase their 1999 facsimile reprint in hardback of Neale and Littledale's magisterial Commentary on the Psalms (3rd edition, 1874), a set of volumes I've wanted for years, owing to their excellent focus on the spiritual interpretation of the Psalms drawn from Patristic and mediæval writers and liturgical sources.  I just picked up the parcel and unpacked them to-day.

Terra, if you read this, may I recommend these to you, if you don't already have a copy or access to them?

3 comments:

Kate Edwards said...

Thanks Joshua, they do look useful and very pertinent to my researches.

Unfortunately I'm so broke that I have no prospect of acquiring them in the near future, $A notwithstanding. But I'll add them to my wish list!

Kate Edwards said...

PS Discovered a copy of vols 1-3 on Google books...

Auriel Ragmon said...

I was able to purchase the set from an American (gasp!) bookseller for a fraction of the amount asked for the 'novus ordo' edition. Just go to abebooks or other online sellers and you too may find some bargains in 19cent. bindings.

Rdr. James Morgan